Where you can find “High Sierra Trail” featuring a granite wall ?
Precipice Lake, Sequoia National Park, USA
Environmentalist photographer Ansel Adams captured the scene of the granite wall stand against the icy water, back in 1932, which was a black and white picture. Following is a picture from the current day.
The park is also famous for ancient to behemoth trees and world’s largest single-stem tree, a sequoia.
Where you can find Rohtang Pass ?
It is a high mountain pass on the eastern Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas
- It connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahaul and Spiti Valleys of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- The pass provides a natural divide between the Kullu Valley with a primarily Hindu culture (in the south), and the arid high-altitude Lahaul and Spiti valleys with a Buddhist culture (in the north)
- The pass lies on the watershed between the Chenab and Beasbasins
The pass is open from May to November. It is not particularly high or difficult to cross on foot by Himalayan standards, but it has a well-deserved reputation for being dangerous because of unpredictable snowstorms and blizzards
Learn More about this place
Fond du Lac, it is located at the bottom of Lake Winnebago
Fond du Lac is a city in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, United States.
The name is French which means Bottom of the Lake
Punjab has 5 rivers, namely
the Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej, and Beas
All are tributaries of the Indus River, the Chenab being the largest.
Where is conflux of a river ?
Where the two or more rivers intersects
In geography, a confluence is the meeting of two or more bodies of water. Also known as a conflux, it refers either to the point where a tributary joins a larger river.
Here is some interesting facts about the confluence
Confluence – History
Conflux on Dictionary
The Mississippi and Minnesota River Confluence
Amazon is known as lungs of the world, because of the variety of flora community which produce huge amount of oxygen.
Let’s looking into some of the interesting facts about the Amazon rain forest
- Largest rain forest in the world,
- It cover 8 South American countries; Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, and Suriname, 40% of South American continent
- Amazon only can contribute more than 20% of Oxygen share
- The river originate from capped Andes Mountains and flow over 6,436 km through south American continent.
- Amazon enters into Atlantic Ocean at Belem, Brazil.
- Amazon River has created the largest river island in the world-Marajo Island (Brazil), which is somewhat the size of Switzerland
- The tropical rain forests host 10 millions of flora and fauna , including unknown species, insects,butterflies etc.
Source : Bing, Amazonswim.com