Amazon is known as lungs of the world, because of the variety of flora community which produce huge amount of oxygen.
Let’s looking into some of the interesting facts about the Amazon rain forest
- Largest rain forest in the world,
- It cover 8 South American countries; Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, and Suriname, 40% of South American continent
- Amazon only can contribute more than 20% of Oxygen share
- The river originate from capped Andes Mountains and flow over 6,436 km through south American continent.
- Amazon enters into Atlantic Ocean at Belem, Brazil.
- Amazon River has created the largest river island in the world-Marajo Island (Brazil), which is somewhat the size of Switzerland
- The tropical rain forests host 10 millions of flora and fauna , including unknown species, insects,butterflies etc.