Where you can find “High Sierra Trail” featuring a granite wall ?
Precipice Lake, Sequoia National Park, USA
Environmentalist photographer Ansel Adams captured the scene of the granite wall stand against the icy water, back in 1932, which was a black and white picture. Following is a picture from the current day.
The park is also famous for ancient to behemoth trees and world’s largest single-stem tree, a sequoia.
Where you can find Rohtang Pass ?
It is a high mountain pass on the eastern Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas
- It connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahaul and Spiti Valleys of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- The pass provides a natural divide between the Kullu Valley with a primarily Hindu culture (in the south), and the arid high-altitude Lahaul and Spiti valleys with a Buddhist culture (in the north)
- The pass lies on the watershed between the Chenab and Beasbasins
The pass is open from May to November. It is not particularly high or difficult to cross on foot by Himalayan standards, but it has a well-deserved reputation for being dangerous because of unpredictable snowstorms and blizzards
- Where you can find Dogon people? Africa, Mali
- Dogon village is located in the Bandiagara Escarpment, West African country of Mali.
- This place is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The Dogons are known for their unique cliffside dwellings, religious ceremonies, and intricately carved wooden masks
- They have been inhabited her since 3rd century BCE
The whale is holding a record of the largest living nonmammalian vertebrate.
- The largest confirmed individual had a length of 12.65 m and a weight of about 21.5 tone
- It is the sole member of the genus Rhincodon and the only extant member of the family Rhincodontidae, which belongs to the subclass Elasmobranchii in the class Chondrichthyes
- The species originated about 60 million years ago.
Colorful layers of ash and soil is the main attraction of the site, which is located Wheeler County, Oregon, United state.
Painted Hills is named after the colorful layers of its hills corresponding to various geological eras, formed when the area was an ancient river floodplain.
- Oregon’s Painted Hills, part of the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- The Painted Hills are listed as one of the Seven Wonders of Oregon
- On August 21st, 2017 the Great American Eclipse passed directly over the park, allowing visitors a duration of totality of just over 2 minutes, 4 seconds
“the jagged edges gashed their fingers” · “soothing her jagged nerves”